We usually associate turmeric with ancient beauty rituals like the traditional Indian bridal turmeric glow mask which women, who are soon to be married, would cover themselves with, the night before the wedding. Being regarded in the Hindu religion as auspicious and holy, a string dyed yellow with turmeric paste is tied around the bride’s neck by her groom. This is their symbol of union and can be compared to the wedding rings used in Christian weddings. In some parts of India, particularly in the South, an amulet made of turmeric rhizome is also worn for protection against bad spirits. As ancient as it is, the use of turmeric as a powerful beauty regimen and an important part of everyday life is still applicable as of today and is even used by famous Bollywood actors and actresses. Now, we know part of the secret of these beautiful Indian stars who grace our televisions with their lively songs and dances.
This ancient Indian spice, highly regarded as one of the world’s healthiest spices, is primarily produced in India. It comes from the root of Curcuma longa where the fingers which extend from the root were boiled, steamed, dried and grounded to produce a vibrant yellow-colored turmeric powder. It has a mild aromatic scent of ginger and has a pungent, bitter flavor. It is used in extensively in Indian dishes and a necessary ingredient in curry powder. In addition to that, it is also used as a dye and flavoring since 600BC.
But there is more to turmeric than what meets the eye. Health enthusiasts love it, vegetarians love it more. Other than the amazing uses in many delicious dishes, there is tons of health goodness your body can get from this wonder spice. It has numerous bioactive compounds present and these include volatile oils, vitamins B and C, potassium, sodium, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, linoleic acid, proteins, carbohydrate, fibers and the most active and versatile of all, curcumins.
Awesome Benefits of Turmeric
- Everybody just loves it when we talk about “time delay” or the “fountain of youth”. More than dying, the thought of being weak, wrinkly and susceptible to illnesses are the main drive of humanity to always search for ways to delay aging and prolong life. Extensive research has found that curcumin and its active metabolite tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) have significantly increased the lifespan of the animals that were tested. Curcumin, which is contained in turmeric, is also a strong anti-oxidant and is comparable to that of Vitamin C and E. Antioxidants are the most common solution recommended by dermatologists to avoid wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and hyperpigmentation. Well, you can’t stop your birthdays from coming in the year but you can stop yourself from looking like your age. As quoted from Jules Renard “It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old”. Prolong your lifespan while keeping you looking young? We’re not even talking about expensive plastic surgeries here. No wonder turmeric is branded as one of the world’s most powerful food.
- Turmeric has strong anti-viral properties. There are a number of life-threatening viral infections that can be inhibited on the early stages if curcumin is administered. These viral infections include Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV), Herpes Simplex, Hepatitis, influenza, Ebola, Human Papillomavirus infection (HPV), and Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV). Because these are serious illnesses, it is best to use turmeric as prevention rather than a cure as it is most effective when the infection is still at its early stage.
- Another favorite topic to cover is weight loss. Turmeric may not help in getting you the sculpted body you may have wished for but it can help remove those love handles. If you want to have a more defined look, check out our articles on BCAA 1500 and Domin8 Pre-Workout Complex. Angiogenesis is directly linked to the fat accumulation such as those in the stomach or any fat prone areas. Curcumin has been shown to control the metabolic activities in the white adipose tissues preventing angiogenesis thereby, decreasing fat accumulation. In addition, the dietary fibers and non-absorbable carbohydrates also assist in the acceleration of weight reduction.
- Can turmeric help in the prevention of type 2 diabetes? You bet it can. Diabetes is a condition when your body cannot properly regulate the production or usage of insulin. It is very common that according to statistics, it affects 13% of people aged 20 and older. Elaborate research has shown that curcumin can decrease the level of glucose in the blood, stabilize blood sugar levels and help make diabetes manageable.
- Say goodbye to Prozac and hello Turmeric! Mounting studies have shown that curcumin alone can just be as effective as your anti-depressant drug, Prozac. Mounting studies have shown results that curcumin can help stabilize serotonin (a natural mood stabilizer), dopamine (the “pleasure” chemical), glutamate and noradrenaline. Furthermore, it can also enhance the production of glutathione which is a vital antioxidant for a healthy brain.
- Your liver’s best friend! Experiments suggest that the anti-inflammatory capability of curcumin has the potential to protect the liver from injury. It also helps to delay liver damage, which if not treated, will eventually cause cirrhosis.
Because of its pungent, bitter flavor, it is difficult to ingest this by its own. It is a great addition to your favorite drink or to a dish but only in small quantities otherwise, the pungent taste will dominate. For this reason, it is also not that convenient to be carried around while traveling. The best way to have your daily intake of turmeric is in the form of a capsule. We choose the one that contains pure organic turmeric powder with an addition of black pepper extract as Bioperine which helps in the effective absorption of turmeric in the body. We believe that less is more. You get the right amount of turmeric you need in its pure form without the additives you don’t need. It comes in easy to swallow gel too.
Why Proactive Turmeric and not the others?
We offer a competitive price in the market for the same (or even more superior quality) than the competition. We can’t just bluff that! It’s supported by our lifetime, 100% no-hassle manufacturer guarantee.
Order your Proactive Turmeric now through Amazon or from our website and don’t forget to check out our other leading supplements.